Search This Blog

Note to Readers

The majority of the text on this blog is written by Hikaru, a ball jointed doll. Try not to question it. The text written in pink font is commentary from Hikaru's human friend, Anna. Basically Hikaru does most of the writing and Anna keeps her from getting too out of hand.

Featured Post

Early Christmas Presents

Sunday, June 12, 2016

A Doll’s Birthday, Or it Was

I have never been so livid in my entire life.  Anna forgot my birthday.  That glorious day when I came into her life. 

It was last month and she let it go by without a word until now.  And she has to nerve to come to me now and ask me about my birthday.

A Doll’s Birthday, Or it Was:  Hikaru is Livid

It will be ages before I am ready to forgive such atrocity.  Until then I can’t even look at her let alone speak.

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Presents?

“But don’t you want your present?”

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Presents?

“Anna let me help make it especially for you! :)”

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Presents?

…Thank you…

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Presents?

What could it be?

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Presents?

!!!

!!! !!!!

Wow, for once Hikaru is speechless.  Anyway, I made her present as part of a challenge I’m doing on my craft blog.  I did the same thing last summer to make clothes for Hikaru and this time I will be mostly making things for Usagi.

I only partially forgot Hikaru’s birthday, I got the month wrong.  For some reason I got it in my head that she was unboxed in June instead of the end of May.  Which is why I waited until now to make her present as the first project of that challenge.

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Doll Sized Jewelry

Her birthday present is jewelry, two pearl necklaces and a pair of chunky pearl bracelets.  I’ll let her describe them now.

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Doll Sized Jewelry: Pearl Necklace

Yes….First off is this wonderful pearl necklace!  A classic piece that will work beautifully with all my lovely dresses!  I had been wanting a string of pearls for ages now, how did Anna know?

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Doll Sized Jewelry: Pearl And Ribbon Necklace

And in case that string of pearls wasn’t enough, Anna even added a ribbon and pearl choker.  It would look perfect with my favorite pink dress (see Its Finish! And Its Gorgeous!).

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Doll Sized Jewelry: Pearl Bracelets

And yes, “chunky” is one way to describe these lovely bracelets.  I have to wonder if they are perhaps a tad too large for my delicate wrists.  But I believe they will work with my more casual outfits.

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Doll Sized Jewelry: Pearl Bracelet

Anna was kind enough to make a bracelet for Usagi as well.

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Doll Sized Jewelry: Pearl Bracelet

Usagi was sweet enough to help make my precious gift, so it is fitting to give her a small reward.

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Doll Sized Jewelry

I am still a little irritated.  Anna does indeed own a calendar, such an important date was surely properly marked?

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Doll Sized Jewelry

I suppose Anna can’t help being human at times.  And she didn’t completely overlook my birthday.

A Doll's Birthday, Or it Was: Doll Sized Jewelry

But next year I will mark the calendar myself, in such a way that she will be sure to notice.  It will be impossible for such a mix up to repeat.  For now I am at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant comments are always welcome and appreciated.

But please, no anti-doll comments. They are unnecessary and a bit rude. We understand that some people find dolls creepy or weird, but this is a "doll blog" that is intended for those who enjoy dolls. If you dislike dolls that much, don't waste your time reading doll blogs.