Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Saturday, January 7, 2017
This post may contain affiliate links, please check out my disclosures page for more info. Thanks!
This post is a bit late, it’s from Christmas when all the dolls received their presents. All blind bags, because they are perfect for dolls as mentioned in this post.
Ah, Christmas day has come at last. A time for happiness and cheer. A time of goodwill to all. And ultimately…
Time to open my presents! I wonder what they could be?
And I wonder why the head is staring at me?
Because he can’t really open presents or anything without a body. So he gets to enjoy the holidays by eating donuts and watching everyone open their gifts. He’s having fun, so let him be.
I suppose it is all right, but how can he watch without eyes?
But, let’s not dwell on that when there are more important things to do, like open presents.
Let’s start with the pony bag shall we?
I received this lovely white Pegasus named Breezie Flora. The details are well done on this one and the color choice is quite tasteful.
This figure will display nicely with my other collectibles.
Now this is what I found in the Care Bears bag. An odd blue bear named Champ Bear. He bears the image of a trophy on his stomach. I will say that the painting is well done.
I must admit that I am not familiar with this line. And I find them peculiar to look at to say the least.
However, they are based on characters from Anna’s childhood and the quality is good. So I suppose I shall keep it for the sake of novelty.
Now what did Usagi receive for Christmas?
The same two blind bags as myself, so let’s open them.
In her Care Bears pack, she found this purple bear named Sweet Dreams Bear. She has a moon and heart design on her stomach and the painting is of the same fine quality as my own bear.
And although they aren’t very appealing to myself, Usagi seems to be quite taken with her new bear.
“It is so cute!! :)”
And in her My Little Pony bag was this charming pink unicorn named Cinnamon Breeze. Naturally Usagi adores it as well.
“We have more ponies to play with now. Let’s play together later, okay? :)“
Time for the children to open their gifts.
First for Yuna is a Trolls blind bag.
For some reason she has grown quite fond of this line. Luckily for her, they came out with series 2. Hopefully the quality has improved from series 1.
And here is Yuna’s new troll figure. It is strange to look at, but the color choice is at least more appealing than her last troll figure. The hair seems softer as well, which is the main appeal for Yuna.
Yuna does so love it. That is what matters most.
Sakura’s first present is a Thomas the Tank Engine mini blind bag.
She has somehow recently became interested in locomotive trains, so this pack is very fitting.
And this is what she found inside the bag.
The name of this train engine is Orca Gator. I do find it odd to decorate a train with marine mammals. Still, Sakura seems pleased with it.
“Look Mr. Head, isn’t is so cool? Want to play with it? Want to play with me? Can I wear your hat?”
In addition to the first bags, both Sakura and Yuna received My Mini Mixie Qs blind boxes.
They are a favorite of Sakura’s and she was sure Yuna would enjoy these tiny doll figures as well.
Sakura received this pair consisting of Donut Lover from the Sweet collection and Checkerboard from the Sassy collection.
For Yuna, there is Gamer Girl from the Smart collection and Roller Derby from the Zany collection.
The names of the Mixie Qs are creative to say the least. I just hope it doesn’t give Anna any ideas.
The children still delight in them. They can quietly play with them together.
Overall, the day has been pleasantly spent. There is just one small problem.
Who is going to clean up this mess?
Be at peace my dear readers.
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
Sunday, January 1, 2017
It’s the first of the month and the new year! Time for Doll Owner’s Corner when I, the doll owner, can talk about anything without the dollies.
This months topic:
You Know the Dolls Have Taken Over When…
- You get excited about back to school sales because of all the fun shaped erasers and pencil sharpeners that work as doll props.
- You catch yourself telling kids not to touch them because they “aren’t toys.”
- You’re too cheap to spend more than $20 for shoes for yourself, but will easily spend more for a tiny pair of doll shoes.
- You can’t walk into any store without looking for stuff for your dolls.
- You spend more time in the toy aisle than any other aisle.
- You read fashion magazines/blogs for clothing styles that aren’t your taste, but would look cute on your dolls.
- Friends ask you how your family is doing and then immediately ask how your dolls are doing.
- You admire the large doll someone is carrying only to realize that it’s a human toddler.
- You compare the price of big ticket items to the average price of your ball jointed dolls.
- People see you sewing doll clothes and ask if they’re for your children.
- And then it takes you a moment to realize they mean your human children.
- You can’t pick up a small item without considering whether you can use it for your dolls.
- You regularly find cute tops and dresses in stores and wish they came in doll sizes.
- You also find cute doll dresses and wish they came in your size.
- You regularly browse through the Ikea catalog for storage solutions for your dolls and all their accessories which take up most of the space in your home.
- Friends and family have gotten use to being stared at by all the “creepy dolls”.
This list was inspired by this thread on the Den of Angels forum. Because sometimes doll collectors need to poke a little fun at themselves.