Search This Blog

Note to Readers

The majority of the text on this blog is written by Hikaru, a ball jointed doll. Try not to question it. The text written in pink font is commentary from Hikaru's human friend, Anna. Basically Hikaru does most of the writing and Anna keeps her from getting too out of hand.

Featured Post

Early Christmas Presents

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Incredible Balloon Wig Cap

One of the absolute strangest gifts I received this past Christmas was as follows.

Ball Jointed Doll Holding a Pack of Balloons

A package of latex balloons.

Anna bought them for me because she had read in various articles that they could be used to fashion an inexpensive wig cap.

Ball Jointed Doll Holding a Balloon A wig cap is essential to keeping a doll’s precious wig on their head.  And being economical is not such a vulgar thing as some would suggest.  Which is why I agreed to go along with Anna’s idea, as bizzarre as it seemed.

This is coming from the doll that threw a fit when she first saw the balloons thinking it was a bad joke?  The same doll who also called me a miser and a cheapskate for wanting to try this out?

Anyway, the idea with this is to have something worn under the wig to keep it from slipping around or off  the doll’s head.  There are silcone wig caps on the market that run about $5 plus shipping, but I thought it would be good to try this idea first.  After all, I can buy a pack of 15 balloons for a dollar.  And if it works just as well then it’s all good.

Ball Jointed Doll Wig Cap from a Latex Balloon

It came out looking like a doll size swimming cap.  It was actually a little tricky to use.  I found myself cutting up two balloons before getting a cap that was the right size for Hikaru. 

When I finished that and got the cap on I found it difficult to get her wig on over it.  It was a super snug fit.  But at least now we won’t have to worry about her wig popping off at inconvenient times.

Ball Jointed Doll

Indeed it was a hassel getting my wig back on.  Here’s the before…

Ball Jointed Doll Wearing a Balloon Wig Cap Under Her Wig

…and after.  I must admit my wig does feel much more secure now.  Now when my hair is brushed and styled I shall be confident that it will remain on my head.  I am also relieved to see that the pink latex can not be seen through my hair.  I was a tad worried.

Ball Jointed Doll Trying Out Her New Wig Cap

I do admit I was a bit apprehensive about the effectiveness of this method.  And that the thought of wearing a balloon on my head just so Anna could save a few dollars seemed thoroughly distasteful. 

But this idea did turn out brilliantly.  And now all the money that could have gone to purchasing more expensive wig caps for me can easily go toward other things, also for me.  Maybe I should make another wish list.  For now I am at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant comments are always welcome and appreciated.

But please, no anti-doll comments. They are unnecessary and a bit rude. We understand that some people find dolls creepy or weird, but this is a "doll blog" that is intended for those who enjoy dolls. If you dislike dolls that much, don't waste your time reading doll blogs.