Search This Blog

Note to Readers

The majority of the text on this blog is written by Hikaru, a ball jointed doll. Try not to question it. The text written in pink font is commentary from Hikaru's human friend, Anna. Basically Hikaru does most of the writing and Anna keeps her from getting too out of hand.

Featured Post

Early Christmas Presents

Saturday, June 27, 2015

It Starts with a Cup

The other day Anna went to a casual social function (social function?) and returned home with this…
Tiny Plastic Cup
…A small plastic cup. 
Apparently she was so excited when she saw it because she thought it was “doll size”.  Ah, novices can be so cute at times.  I was actually expecting something like this.  New bjd owners are normally so enthusiastic about their dolls that they are constantly thinking of them.  One effect is that they are almost constantly on the look out for items that may be of some relevance to their doll, such as small props.  Of course more experience doll owners tend to do this as well, but their eyes tend to be more refined and they have considerably more sense when it comes to choosing items that are suitable.  But being of a kind and understanding nature, I decided to humor her a little by at least trying out this…cup.  The things I do in the name of compassion.
Bjd holding a plastic cup
As you can plainly see the cup may be “doll size”, but it most certainly isn’t my size.  I might as well wear it as a hat then use it for beverages.  And even if it was perfectly to scale, why ever would I want to drink anything out of a plastic cup.  Oh no, this simply will not do.
small porcelain tea set
Thankfully my beloved human while overly enthusiastic, actually has at least some resemblance of taste and refinement, sometimes.  At least compared to most beginner bjd owners.  She procured this simple yet beautiful tea set before my arrival.  She believes a porcelain tea set is essential for any respectable doll, and she is quite right about that.
bjd holding a tea cup
Here you can see it is perfect.  Just about the right size for me and very fitting to my refined nature.  She had me worried a little, but I think she will grow to be a fine bjd enthusiast some day.
Hikaru enjoying tea
For now I can enjoy my tea in peace.
Now my turn.  First off, I will admit the plastic cup wasn’t the best idea I ever had.  It’s a “shot glass” size red plastic cup that I spotted at a sort of party, and it was just so darn cute.  I couldn’t resist taking it home to play with.  Plus, Hikaru enjoyed it a lot more than she is letting on.  Believe me, I have photos to prove it.  Still that cup probably is better suited for an American Girl size doll, not to mention a doll that isn’t so uptight about what she drinks out of.  
Hikaru is sort of right about being a little too enthusiastic about finding things that work for dolls.  She is however forgetting that I have been collecting dolls for years.  Just because she is my first ball jointed doll, doesn’t make me a total noob.  I will admit that I’m not use to dolls her size, 1/4 scale.  It does make it challenging to find things about the right size.  
But I have been successful, like with that tea set.  I found it at a dollar store.  Dolls and tea sets just go together in my mind.  Plus it’s nice when a doll invites you join them for a cup a tea, as Hikaru did after I took that last photo of her.  Of course she then questioned why I didn’t get one of my human-sized tea cups since she say it looks ridiculous for me to use one so small.  And then she got huffy when I insisted on using one of her cups anyway.  It was hilarious.
Well it does look ridiculous, the cups are the size of Anna’s thumbs.  It is curious that such a lovely tea set came from a dollar store, this needs to be investigated.  Time to give Google another run, after I delete those other photos of me.  I will not let Anna blackmail me, that is simply unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant comments are always welcome and appreciated.

But please, no anti-doll comments. They are unnecessary and a bit rude. We understand that some people find dolls creepy or weird, but this is a "doll blog" that is intended for those who enjoy dolls. If you dislike dolls that much, don't waste your time reading doll blogs.