Search This Blog

Note to Readers

The majority of the text on this blog is written by Hikaru, a ball jointed doll. Try not to question it. The text written in pink font is commentary from Hikaru's human friend, Anna. Basically Hikaru does most of the writing and Anna keeps her from getting too out of hand.

Featured Post

Early Christmas Presents

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Hikaru’s Wish List

I’m afraid my dear human, Anna, has been particularly busy as of late with her job and other obligations.  So much that I’m afraid she has had very little time left to give me the attention I need.  But I am such a patient and understanding doll, as she well knows, and I know the situation is temporary.

Be that as it may, I do find myself getting a tad bored with the lack of fine company.  Sure there is Zippy the turtle to keep me company, but the dear little thing tends to tire himself easily and requires frequent naps.  So it often leads to me having to find ways to occupy myself.

Thank goodness for the glorious internet, with such a thing the world is at my finger tips.  I have been browsing various online stores.  Mostly ones that cater to dolls naturally, especially ones of my size and tastes.  So many lovely products to choose from, so I made a small list.  For the convenience of anyone who may be shopping for me, I have divided my selections by store and ordered them by price.  I am such a thoughtful doll.

Angelesque

Brown Doll Eyelashes from Angelesque

  • Eyelashes 520 in Brown – I do believe that as lovely as they are my eyes would look more complete with a set of eyelashes.  Anna has mentioned that brown ones would suit my coloring and I couldn’t agree more.

Brown Felt Hat for Dolls from Angelesque

  • Felt Hat in Brown – There is just something so appealing about a sweet looking hat placed on a perfectly styled head of hair.  This one has a simple versatile look, but the pearls and flower give it just the right touch.

c45-065 MSD BJD Outfit from Angelesque

  • C45-065 Outfit – This would be a perfect outfit to wear this coming Autumn.  It’s more practical than dressy,  but still perfectly elegant.

Alice's Collections

ot002 BJD Gloves from Alice's Collections

  • OT002 Gloves – Gloves are a much overlooked accessory in this day and age.  Not just something to protect ones hands, though they are quite necessary for that purpose.  I believe I shall be needing several of these.  Easily done since they are so reasonably priced.

g043 Dress for Ball Jointed Dolls from Alice's Collections

  • G043 Dress in Blue – Such a sweet dress in a lovely shade of blue.  It even has matching accessories to complete the overall look.  I think it would be wonderful to wear next Spring.

g050 Outfit for BJD from Alice's Collections

  • G050 Outfit – This a three piece outfit that includes a full skirt, a matching vest, a blouse.  It is very prim looking but still pretty.  It reminds of a school uniform.  It would be adorable on me and perfect for Autumn and Winter.

g017 Outfit for BJD from Alice's Collections

  • G017 C Outfit – Another outfit reminiscent of school days.  It consists of a ruffled skirt and a blouse with a ribbon tie.  The blouse is the main focus for me.  It would be perfect to wear with all my lovely skirts in cooler weather.

szd3059 Dress for Ball Jointed Dolls from Alice's Collections

  • SZD3059 Dress in White – This dress is simply gorgeous.  Very detailed and the white color is very suitable for me.

edg022 Dress in White for BJD from Alice's Collections

  • EDG022 Dress in White – The previous dress is gorgeous, but this one is simply divine.  The lightness of the material, the delicate ruffles, it would be a dream to wear it.

Dollmore

MSD size - Cubic Crown from Doll more

  • MSD Cubic Crown – Anna may have other ideas, but I do believe a crown would suit me.  And this one is fairly modestly priced and styled.

MSD & USD - KD Lace Parasol (White)

  • Lace Parasol – It is ever so important to protect myself from the sun’s resin damaging UV rays.  A parasol would be an excellent not to mention beautiful way of doing just that.

MSD - Phnia Dress (White)

  • MSD Phnia Dress in White – Such a lovely dress and similar in some ways to that wonderfully dreamy Alice’s Collections dress from before.  The main differences is a slightly more casual design and a considerably lower price tag.

MSD - Creamrose Dress Set (White)

  • MSD Creamrose Dress Set in White – This dress is very similar to that gorgeous white Alice’s Collections dress.  So much so that I can’t decide which I love more.  Maybe if I owned both it would make it easier.

MSD&Model Doll - Friendly Hanger (White)

  • White Clothes Rack – With all these gorgeous clothes around, it would be necessary to have a suitable place to store them, so a well built clothing rack would be a must.

26 inch Light Carrage Bag (L.Pink)

  • 26 Inch Light Carry Bag in Pink – Anna claims that the reason she doesn’t take me anywhere is because she doesn’t have a proper carrying case to safely carry me.  This one would be more than suitable for her to use.  The interior is comfortable and roomy enough for myself and any accessories I would need.  The straps are well designed to make it easy for her to carry.  Plus it happens to come in one of her favorite colors.  Yes only the best for my Human.

Doll Hearts

MS000388 White Shoes from Doll Hearts

  • MS000388 White Shoes – Such simple flats, but well made and with a sweet little bow.  They will look well on my dainty little doll feet.

[D2-MSD] MD108001 Navy Blue Long Cape

  • MD108001 Navy Blue Long Cape – A cape, just the thing to keep out the chill this coming winter.  The perfect accessory for any proper doll to have in her wardrobe.

MS000321 White Shoes with Cameos from Doll Hearts

  • MS000321 Shoes – These shoes are something to behold.  Each one is embellished with a doll sized cameo nestled in some lace and pearls.  If only they came in other colors, I would wear each one.

MD000079 - Red Dreamland

  • MD000079 Red Dreamland Outfit – Another gorgeous outfit.  The skirt and top are separate pieces, so I would be able to pair the skirt with an equally fine blouse for an alternate look.  The bonnet is especially fine.  I do so love hats and bonnets, such marvelous things.  It’s a pity so few people or dolls can pull them off well, but luckily I lack this problem.

MD000053 - Cherry Classic

  • MD000053 Cherry Classic Outfit – This is another wonderful set.  The underskirt can easily be worn with other outfits.  And the sleeves on the dress are removable making it perfect for all weather.  The ribbon lacing on the bodice and the perfect ruffles on the skirt make this dress one of my absolute favorites.  The matching accessories are just the icing on the cake.

What can I say?  First, I’m not surprised that Hikaru listed Angelesque up first.  I bought her wig from them and it was an over all good experience, so I wouldn’t mind ordering from them again.  Just not for the hat,  I could easy it make for her myself.  I might be able to make a similar dress too.  The eyelashes would be a good choice.  I think with her coloring and the her wig color that brown eyelashes would look more natural the black.

With her choices for Alice’s Collections,  one problem would be the gloves.  I have my doubts about them fitting her hands, luckily I think it would be easy to make a pair for her.  Some of the dresses and sets she chose are adorable, I may consider purchasing them in the future.  But not that last one, I'm not spending over $100 for one doll dress.  It may be a “dream to wear” but she will have to keep on dreaming.

That crown from Dollmore is very pretty and the price is okay, but I could only imagine what it would be like around here with Hikaru if she had it.  Nope, not happening.  The parasol is a cute idea, but I think staying indoors would be more effective sun protection. 

The dresses she chose are pretty, and it’s nice that she compares them to the similar but pricier ones from Alice’s Collection.  That actually is surprising to me.  From what I’ve heard around online, Alice’s Collection is known for having pretty low prices on things.

I find it rich that Hikaru’s wish list features a doll carry bag that is supposed to be for me.  Well at least she did consider my tastes and comfort in choosing one.  Now if she could find some way of paying for it herself, we’d be set.

Now the Doll Hearts selections.  The first pair of shoes actually resemble a pair I own that I bought at Payless years ago, only I paid about half as much for them.  Still Hikaru does need shoes, so maybe.  The other pair of shoes, I so wish they would come in a human size, they are so cute.  Makes me want to find a pair of cameos and make shoe clips.  We could match, hmm.

As for the outfits Hikaru chose, there is good news and bad news for her.  The bad news is odds are I will not be able to buy any of them for her.  The good news is that I’m more than capable of making similarly styled outfits for her, especially that Cherry Classic outfit.  Those skirt ruffles and that bodice are calling to me.  I just need to gather the right materials. 

One would almost think she planned things this way.  Show me a whole bunch of expensive but nicely designed stuff that I’d automatically veto on along with some comparatively reasonably priced stuff so I would actually consider buying or making similar items.  I’m being played by a doll.

Angelesque is a fine retailer, so naturally I would frequent their website.  And I am delighted to hear that Anna approves on at least of few of my choices.  But to say that I may have attempted to manipulate her, perish the thought.  I only wish to share with her as well as my lovely readers the wares available at these great retailers of doll fashions and supplies.  I just hoped for her to keep an open mind. 

Still I can see how that angelic $100+ dress from Alice's Collections may be a bit of a long shot.  Dream I can, so dream I will.  Maybe someday, but it is reassuring to know that my list has served as a great source of inspiration for Anna’s sewing.  I shall be patiently awaiting for the wonderful new articles Anna says she can make for me.  For now I am at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant comments are always welcome and appreciated.

But please, no anti-doll comments. They are unnecessary and a bit rude. We understand that some people find dolls creepy or weird, but this is a "doll blog" that is intended for those who enjoy dolls. If you dislike dolls that much, don't waste your time reading doll blogs.